Friday 7 December 2012

diy : burlap & stencil art


Today's diy comes to you in the form of burlap! I absolutely adore the look of burlap and am so excited to share this beautiful, yet simple piece of art. I was inspired by this piece of art, but was at a loss since I'm no woodworker! Thankfully, I got hit with some inspiration when a friend offered me some huge burlap coffee bags to craft with & this is what I came up with =]

what you need : a large canvas, lots and LOTS of burlap, white paint, paint brushes, stencils, masking tape, glue gun & glue sticks

{  i  n  s  t  r  u  c  t  i  o  n  s  }

1. Glue gun your burlap onto your canvas! 
2. Pick a Bible verse/quote/lyrics that you want stenciled on & measure it out... make sure the whole thing fits on your canvas before you start doing anything else! 
3. Take a ruler, make sure your measurements are accurate and start lining your stencils up in order & tape them down with some masking tape.
4. Paint away! Take your time & make sure you allow time for the paint to dry before taking the stencils off and re-using them again. Also, grab a small paintbrush to do touch-ups if need be. 


And voila! You've got yourself a new piece of art to hang =]  Simple & beautiful, this burlap & stencil art looks amazing and will add so much personal detail to any space!

& amen to that! Excited for this to serve as a reminder to me every day of who is Lord. 
Happy crafting, friends =] 

p.s. ♥ clara

3 comments:

  1. Love it! It look SO good in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool. I also love the view of your kitchen/dining room! You should do a home tour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I have a lot of burlap, so I might just be attempting this! <3

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...